Quick switching (also known as Loadout Quickswitch or qs) is a keyboard keybind in the options menu that is not bound to anything by default. You are able to open it via binding the option to a button or simply typing +quickswitch in the developer console, and upon opening the menu you are greeted with a menu that allows you to quickly swap loadouts and/or weapons. Normally depending on which weapon is currently active the menu will show other related unlocks to switch out your current weapon. (i.e. If you want to switch to the Reserve Shooter, the Shotgun must be the active weapon.) You can bypass this by pressing 1-3, 4-5, and 6-8.
Pressing numbers 1-3 will cause the menu to switch to loadout slots (in order of appearance), "Primary Weapon", "Secondary Weapon", and "Melee Weapon". When playing as the Engineer or the Spy, numbers 4-5 will switch to their two "PDA" loadout slots. Numbers 6-8 will switch to loadout slots, "Cosmetic 1", "Cosmetic 2", and the "Action Slot".
- The quickswitch menu will ignore duplicates of painted variants of an item. Only one entry of a painted item will show at a time.
- This was probably an oversight as the October 2009 update removed duplicate entries of weapons to reduce clutter.
- You can equip two conflicting cosmetics using the quickswitch menu since it does not check for equip regions.
- Cosmetic Slot 3 is inaccessible through the quickswitch menu.
- This is due to the fact that the quickswitch menu was created before the third cosmetic slot.
- Added "+quickswitch" command, which brings up a small panel allowing you to rapidly change the loadout of your current class & active weapon slot
- QuickSwitch improvements
- Added key input so you can cycle through it using the slot input keys
- Added all loadout slots (not just primary, secondary, and melee)
- Removed duplicate entries (should only see 1 flaregun( ), etc.)
- Fixed a few small layout & empty slot bugs
- Disabled quickswitch UI in training to reduce confusion.
- Added a “Show in Backpack Order” setting to the loadout slot select screen
- This flag also affects the Quickswitch dialog
- Fixed clipped Preset button in the Quickswitch panel