Soaking, sometimes known as covering, is an effect that can be applied by certain weapons, standing too close to a defeated MONOCULUS or submerging into deep water. Soaked players will continually shed droplets of accorded liquid. This liquid can have many different effects depending on what the liquid is; for example, some liquids can cure the burning effect or removal of other liquids.
All forms of being soaked will end after a period of time. With the exception of water, healing from any of Medic's Medi Guns or a Dispenser's healing beam will double the rate at which the soaking effect expires as long as the healing beam is attached.
|List of covered-associated weapons|
|Mad Milk||Mutated Milk|
|Jarate||Self-Aware Beauty Mark|
- The Jarate was added to the game.
- The Mad Milk and the Sydney Sleeper were added to the game.
- Introduced MONOCULUS to the game.
- The Neon Annihilator was added to the game.
- The Mad Milk Syringes upgrade was added to the game.
- The Mutated Milk and the Self-Aware Beauty Mark were added to the game.
- The Gas Passer was added to the game.
- While the cvar
mp_usehwmmodelsis set to 1, player model heads will not be tinted yellow when coated with Jarate.
- Similarly, when thrown at a Sentry Buster, the "bomb" part of the model will not be tinted yellow; only the legs will be tinted.
A Spy coated in Mad Milk
A Spy coated in Jarate
A spy coated in gas from the Gas Passer
An example of the covering notification being displayed on the HUD
Icon shown above Jarate-coated players in Colorblind mode