War Paint is an item type that was added in the Jungle Inferno Update to replace campaign weapon drops and weapon cases, and was first showcased on Day 2 of the update. When a War Paint is selected, it can be previewed on a weapon and applied to create a new unique weapon with the selected pattern. War Paint and War Painted weapons have the Decorated quality, but can also be obtained in Strange or Unusual qualities.
War Paints listed on the Steam Community Market can be previewed by selecting the "Inspect in Game..." option located within the tab displayed when hovering over a listed War Paint. Selecting this option will open the in-game War Paint Loadout menu, with the chosen War Paint's pattern variation automatically entered; thus allowing the player to preview its design on all applicable weapons.
- 1 Demonstration
- 2 Loadout Menu
- 3 Paintable Weapons
- 4 War Paint Collections
- 4.1 Jungle Jackpot Collection
- 4.2 Infernal Reward Collection
- 4.3 Decorated War Hero Collection
- 4.4 Contract Campaigner Collection
- 4.5 Saxton Select Collection
- 4.6 Mann Co. Events Collection
- 4.7 Winter 2017 Collection
- 4.8 Scream Fortress X Collection
- 4.9 Winter 2019 Collection
- 4.10 Scream Fortress XII Collection
- 4.11 Winter 2020 Collection
- 4.12 Scream Fortress XIII Collection
- 5 Update history
- 6 Bugs
- 7 Notes
- 8 See also
- 9 References
War Paints can be applied to any compatible weapons within the Loadout Menu. These cannot be given at the user's discretion, but can be bought if available on the Community Market. War Paints can be randomized as to generate pattern variations or can be manually selected. This Loadout for War Paints resembles the Loadout Menu choice used to select a War Paint for a weapon when redeeming a War Paint. Also they come in different exteriors, which are: Factory New, Minimal Wear, Field-Tested, Well-Worn, and Battle Scarred.
|List of paintable weapons|
|Scattergun1||Shortstop||Soda Popper||Winger||Holy Mackerel|
|Rocket Launcher1||Black Box||Air Strike||Disciplinary Action|
|Flame Thrower||Degreaser||Dragon's Fury1 2||Detonator||Scorch Shot||Powerjack||Back Scratcher|
|Grenade Launcher1||Loch-n-Load||Loose Cannon||Iron Bomber||Stickybomb Launcher||Scotsman's Skullcutter||Claidheamh Mòr||Persian Persuader|
|Minigun1||Brass Beast||Tomislav||Family Business|
|Crusader's Crossbow||Medi Gun1||Übersaw||Amputator|
|Sniper Rifle1||Bazaar Bargain||SMG||Shahanshah|
|Shotgun1||Panic Attack||Pistol||Reserve Shooter|
War Paint Collections
- If a player is ÜberCharged, Decorated and War Painted weapons will not show the ÜberCharged weapon skin in first person.
- Due to the way text is displayed in certain UI, the name of the Damascus & Mahogany War Paint may incorrectly display as "Damascus Mahogany".
- While generating randomized seeds for War Paints in the inspect menu, the Community Sparkle effect may rarely show up.
- If the player inspects a War Paint then inspects a weapon, the weapon will appear smaller while inspecting 
- War Paints cannot be applied to existing weapons in a player's inventory; using one creates a new item instead.
- War Paints obtained from keyless cases can never be Strange or Unusual.
- Backpack icons for War Painted weapons will be affected by certain console commands that affect lighting, such as