|Map type||King of the Hill|
Viaduct has multiple variations, including Halloween.
- The Summit: The highest area of Viaduct, where the control point is located.
- The Hill: A hill with Ledges overlooking the point, one on each side.
- The Shack: A concrete platform and lean-to shack with a Medium Ammo Pickup back under the Viaduct, a common nesting location.
- The Stairs: The access from the Shack to the Medium Health and Ammo Pickups and route from Spawn.
- The Scullery (House): Fringing the Summit on either side is a building, with a sheltered Catwalk leading to the Ledge.
- The Valley: The small low area behind the Scullery house between the Spawn area exits.
- Spawn Yard: Between the Spawn and the Valley is the Yard which gives way to the three entrances to the Valley.
Main article: Community Viaduct strategy
Control Point timing
- Added Viaduct to the game.
- Reduced the capture time for the control point from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
- Players can no longer build in spawn room rafters.
- Updated several maps to support Competitive Mode.
- Valve initially claimed Viaduct to be the first-ever TF2 map with snow. Due to the outcry from hundreds of community-members citing custom maps made before Viaduct, Valve rescinded this claim and the employees responsible were "bludgeoned to pieces by [their] crack security team".
- Viaduct has two official "making of" videos created by Valve. The videos show how the map was designed and created from the ground-up to the final product using Valve's Hammer World Editor. The video also features a special version of Rocket Jump Waltz. (Part 1 and Part 2)
- The Classless Update: Day 2 - King of the Hill game mode, Viaduct, Nucleus (King of the Hill) and Sawmill (King of the Hill) maps.