From Team Fortress Wiki
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):|| Ian "idolon" Spadin|
Gavin "Equinoxo" Sawford
Guy "Gerbil" Ross
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Matt "Boylee" Boyle
Sebastian "Seba" Grus
The goal is to eliminate the entire enemy team or capture the two control points.
Byre won 3rd place in the 2014 TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #11, "Mercs vs. Aliens".
- Death Ray: The center of the map is separated by a death ray. On both sides of the ray are the two control points.
- Team Barns: To the sides are the team-colored barns holding Control Point A & B respectively. Each barn has three entrances from a rear plank, the side opening, and the front opening. On the rear plank is a small ammo kit.
- Tool Sheds: In front of each spawn is an unfinished toolshed. To the left of the shed is their team's corresponding barn.
- Ditches: On side of each team's spawn is a small ditch that can lead to their corresponding barn. Inside the ditch is a small health kit.
Main article: Community Byre strategy
Control point timing
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Byre to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Invasion Community Update maps to regular quickplay lists.
- Players can sometimes get stuck in the gates to their spawn when they open at the start of the round while touching them.
- Killing all enemy players after the match has already ended by capturing both control points will trigger the finale cinematic twice.
- Byre originally started as a symmetrical 4cp map, where teams had to capture both middle points before attacking the final point.
- A total of 15 different sounds are triggered during the finale laser cinematic.